WEBSITE PRIVACY STATEMENT:
The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to The Women’s Fund Website and governs data collection and usage. By using The Women’s Fund Website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Collection of your Personal Information
The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade does not collect any personal information about individuals—such as names and postal or e-mail addresses—except when such information is knowingly provided.
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by The Women’ Fund Miami-Dade. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is used by The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of The Women’s Fund Website.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through any of The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others. Note: The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade does not read any of your private online communications.
The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade encourages you to review the privacy statements of Websites you choose to link to from The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade so that you can understand how those Websites collect, use and share your information. The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on Websites outside of The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade and The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade family of Websites.
Use of Your Personal Information
The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade collects and uses your personal information to deliver services and information you have requested. The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade also uses your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade. The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. In addition, The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
The Women’s Fund does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion or political affiliations.
The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade keeps track of the Web site pages our customers visit within the Website in order to determine what information on the site is most popular and useful to visitors. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade Websites will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade ; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade, or the public.
The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade Website uses “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a Web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade pages, or register with The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade site or services, a cookie helps The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Women’s Fund Miami-Dade Website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of The Women’s Fund Miami- Dade services or Web sites you visit.
Security of your Personal Information
The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other Web sites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Changes to this Statement
The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade is protecting your information.
The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade not adhered to this Statement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.
DONOR PRIVACY STATEMENT
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address. We collect and store the personally identifiable information that you have provided us. Here are some examples of ways in which we may collect your information.
- When you request information via one of the email addresses identified on our website or otherwise contact us in person, by phone or email, with a question, we may then collect your name, address and email in order to respond to that inquiry.
- We may collect your name, email address and other contact information if you register for an event.
- We may collect your name, email address, telephone number and payment information when you purchase a membership or make a contribution, either on our website, over the phone, in person or by mailing in a check.
The above list provides a sample of personal information that may be collected by The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade. From time to time, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described above.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- We will not sell, trade, or share your personal information, collected on the website or through any other business activities with anyone else.
- We will only share your personal information if you give us specific permission to do so.
- We will collect payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process a membership, donation or event registration.
- We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- We will use the personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a membership, gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit or debit card on the website, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
- You have the right to review information that we have collected about you. To review that information please contact us in writing at The Women’s Fund Miami-Dade, 1330 SW 22nd Street, #208, Miami, FL 33145.